- Open your Wordpress Dashboard
- Yoast generates a sitemap of your site for you. You will need to find the url of the sitemap. Go to SEO> XML Sitemaps > and click on the link 'xml sitemap'
- Copy the last part of this URL (do not include your site address) e.g. mywebsite.com/sitemap_index.xml you would take just the last part sitemap_index.xml
4. Go to your Google Console (use your gmail settings to enter)
5. If you have more than one site in your Console make sure you have selected the right website that you want to add the sitemap
6. Go to crawl > sitemaps
8. In the box paste the URL sitemap_index.xml
9. Click test first to check everything is working and then submit